Caribbean Chicken Wings
The next time you are in the mood for chicken wings, try out this Caribbean version.
24 chicken wings, disjointed
3 oz. dark rum
2 oz. soy sauce
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. orange juice
2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 chili pepper, seeds removed, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
14 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons water
2 tablespoons scallions, minced
1. Wash chicken wings and place in ovenproof pan.
2. Combine dark rum, soy sauce, lime and orange juices, orange rind, onion, garlic, ginger, thyme and mustard in food processor and combine to form a paste.
3. Pour paste over chicken wings, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
4. Bake chicken wings in pre-heated, 350-degree oven, turning and basting with sauce, for about 25 minutes or until the wings have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees for 15 seconds.
5. Remove chicken wings from pan and place on patter.
6. Combine cornstarch and water, mixing well, and add to liquid in pan and stir until thickened.
7. Pour mixture over chicken wings and serve.